Friday 25 May 2012

Partying 3 - 0 Sleeping

Well i think somewhere in the madness of the last few days i have missed a blog. I am sure i have only slept enough for one day to have passed but people tell me other wise. I did plan for a quiet night, the evening of Semi 2 Jury rehearsal as I blogged it from the press centre and was to meet a few friends for a quick beer before home but that turned into a hot date with a local boy that partied on into the early hours :-) - oh well it's a tough job but someone has to do it.


I was then up after a few hours to broadcast to the lovely people in the Kingdom of Fife. I put out my plea on behalf of The Netherlands, to gain as many votes as possible for them which you may well now know was totally in vain as they did not qualify.

As usual we headed out for our napkin of death dinner at City Cafe - this time I was decked out in the colours of The Netherlands. No one could have been in doubt where my allegiances lay. I had the Joan minipop icons t-shirts on in bright orange with a red white and blue wig and then flag draped round round me.

I met up with a number of other Joan fans as we made our way to the press centre. We had several papping moments before heading in for the show. We were actually sat behind the stage which gave a very unique view to the show and also meant we could dance for the entire time. As the voting came in it began to be apparent that The Netherlands were not going to make it in and gutted doesn't quite cover my feelings. I did shed a tear I will admit but being the fickle individual that I am, the mention of free beer in the press centre was enough to perk me up. I also caught back up with Dr Jordan who one again graced your TV screens on BBC3 with Sara Cox.

Off we headed to woki our pops until the early hours in the Euroclub. An amusing moment was when Paul was irate at the fact he went to the bar for more beer and remonstrated "would you believe they are saying there is no beer left!!!!" - I pointed out that it was 6am and they were about to turn the music off lol I believe we exceeded our record and my head hit the pillow at approximately 7am our time. This made for a slightly more subdued interview this morning but enjoyable nonetheless. Vanessa from Kingdom FM is also on, on a Saturday afternoon now so I will becoming to you good people in Fife at 1.20pm your time tomorrow to preview the grand final. Having just watched the 1st run through it promises to be a very good and close final - may the best song win!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment