Friday 18 May 2012

The Day of Georgia!!!

Well what a day this turned out to be. There was pandemonium in the press centre as an anti gay group started hacking all the Eurovision websites. One of the longest standing unofficial sites lost 12 years of work as it was shut down completely. Several other sites had problems for various parts of the day as traffic was thrown at their sites to try and down them. Most sites seemed to recover later in the day but with a threat of something "big" on the first semi final everyone is being extra vigilant - i don hope nothing major happens - Paul and I will be dressed as Jedward and any type of explosion would have sequins everywhere.
I left the press centre early to get ready for the Georgian party - always a good one. 2 train loads of red wine had been brought in and some lovely Georgian Cha Cha - Tequila. I had so much Cha Cha that I will be in next years series of Strictly Come Dancing.
We mingled with many of the artists and I am sure we are Georgian TV somewhere.

I had lots of fun with the Belorussians especially Vladimir who told me how to pronounce his shortened name - it was Vulva!!! Now just picture the scene when I explain to a Belorussian that his name means "lady bits" ha ha.

Our next room mate Nico arrived so it was great to see him and we danced until 3am when we were politely asked to leave. We did not take the DJ home with us last night as we did not know him and he might have thought it strange if we made him get into our cab. I am now once again in the press centre a little bleary eyed but diligently blogging away.


No comments:

Post a Comment