Sunday 13 May 2012

Day 2/3

I am choosing to morph these 2 days into one as thats how they have kinda felt considering we travelled through the night to finally arrive here in Baku!!!!
I met up with travelling companions at Heathrow where we had time to grab a bite to eat and a wee drinlie poo before boarding the plane for first leg of the journey. We flew with Turkish airlines and the palne was unbelievavble hot not helped by the fact that no drinks trolley appeared until almost 2 hours into the flight- really not a good idea when you have thirsty Scots on board. Slight embarrassing moment when the trolley dolly offered me beef or chicken and I thought she offered me beer so i answered erm Can I Have A Gin and Tonic? They more than redeemed themselves with the copious amounts of red wine and gin the plied us with once the trolleys had appeared.
We had a 4 hr stop over in Istanbul which we spent relaxing in one of the bars - at this point we ordered 3 litre glasses of beer then changed our watches to Turkish time to find out we were having a liquid breakfast at 5.20am - ak well it was the time difference's fault and not ours.
We left Istanbul at 9am their time and arrived in Baku 1.30pm - adding on another 2 hours time different. By this point my body had no idea which hour of the day it really was or what the heck it wanted to do but we were met at Baku airport bu some lovely volunteers who helped us through the visa process and found us transport and everything went unbelievably smoothly!!!!

Paul and I met our landlady and our apartment is lovely. We headed out for our accreditations so walked the hour journey journey rouns the waterfront and it was absolutely stunning. A lot of work has been put in to get the waterfront looking brilliant. Yes they are still laying pavements and roads and your get close to the arena but the good news is Azerbaijan is definitely The Land of Tottie!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG there are soooooooooooo many hot guys and the good news girls is the appear to be straight - YES STRAIGHT!!!!!!
I am not sure whether large buxom white women are a novelty to them but i seem to be getting stares every where I go - I am loving this city lol lol

We met up with friends for dinner Saturday night and had a lovely meal with a gorgeous waiter tending to my every need. I think Baku is certainly going to be an interesting ride (in more ways that 1)
It is now day 1 in the press centre. The arena gave me goosebumps when i went in. The stage looks fab and it is all things go. For the rest of the rehearsal goss find me at www.allkindsofeverything.ie x

No comments:

Post a Comment