Friday 11 May 2012

I'm On My Way!!!!

Well folks, another year, another Eurovision, another adventure. This year it is my 5th anniversary of Eurovision attending and we are heading to Azerbaijan. This is one of my most exciting adventures ever!!!
I decided to start of this incredible journey by booking a first class ticket to London  on the train - this was my first good idea. As my 5th anniversary it means I should receive wood and with the look of the guy sitting opposite me that would not be too bad a thing right now :-)
With 4 hours of relative comfort ahead of me I decided I would set up a blog to keep you all entertained on my travels - ok then you may not be very entertained but it keeps me busy and out of trouble.
I have loved the amount of interest this trip has caused. I have never had so many strange and aghast looks when picking up travel money when being asked "are you going somewhere nice?" The traditional "Where you going on your holidays?" question at the hairdressers caused no end of amusement.

So anyway I am on the train. Got me a lovely comfy seat and within minutes of leaving Waverley a starched looking woman ( who i am sure will answer to the name Helga) marched down the carriage and demanded i answer tea or coffee. Had me a lovely coffee whilst listening to the ipod then decided to write to you good people :-)

Just as I flipped the laptop lid I hit the jackpot - the cider trolley - sorry known to most as drinks trolley - came down the aisle - NOW WE ARE TALKING!!!! As I consumed my first Rekorderlig cider, from Vimmerby for any World Scout Jamboree folk reading this, I removed my Olympic Athletes jacket to reveal my Minipop Icons Engelbert Humperdinck T-Shirt. Bracing myself for the major sniggers and glances I expected to receive, I was somewhat put out and upstaged when the man across the corridor removed his lower leg and placed it under the table for safe keeping. I hope this is not an omen for poor Engelbert!!!

I hope to keep you all up to date and entertained through this blog and also hope to update it daily but you know what they say about the best laid plans???? I will be blogging daily about rehearsals at www.allkindsofeverything.ie so u can catch up with all things rehearsal orientated there. For the rest of the nonsense then watch this space xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment