Thursday 14 May 2015

Eurovision 2015: Vienna Day 6

Eurovision 2015: Vienna Day 6



Well that is the first rehearsals for all of the semi-finalist completed as of today. It has been a long 4 days in the press centre but I have enjoyed every minute of it. I forgot how much I loved the buzz of the Eurovision press centre and I have expanded my repertoire this year by branching out into interviewing.
Highlights from today for me were the Latvian and Swedish rehearsals, the Azeri staging and my interview with Måns Zelmerlöw from Sweden. 

Aminata gave a flawless vocal performance of a really modern song. It is totally different from anything else in the contest and adds some welcome diversity to the show. She looked very striking in a long fishtail red dress and the staging was stunning in black and red - Bravo Latvia.




Azerbaijan did not give me the full WOW factor that I expected with Hour of the Wolf but, unlike many in the press centre, I really loved the staging of it. The contemporary dancers represent the wild animals of the forest and I thought it added another dimension to the performance. 



Måns Zelmerlöw was flawless in his clever performance although he says there are things he can tighten up on and little tweaks that need to be changed. His little stick-man friend now resembles Billy Bunter and it is by far the most TV friendly performance of the year. I was lucky enough to get through the throng of press, to interview Måns and as you can see from the picture we laughed the entire time. He had mentioned at his press conference that he has a ritual of checking his fly several times before going on stage because he once went on with his zip down. I merely inquired whether he was looking for a personal assistant to help him with this task and he said the job was mine - such a flirty little thing I tell you (I obviously hated every minute)
 It was lovely to see more friends arriving that I have not seen for a few years but I was so tired I decided to give the night out a miss and have some chill out time. I have to move home on Saturday as the husband is arriving and myself and Dr Eurovision will be moving into a hotel. I will leave you with a fabby picture of the many varied snack that are available in the press centre for us free of charge - it's a lovely gesture and I must say the banana malteasers are AMAZING!!!!!!




Photos (c) of EBU/Eurovision.tv

No comments:

Post a Comment