Friday 22 May 2015

EUROVISION 2015: Last Few Days in Vienna

EUROVISION 2015: Last Few Days in Vienna


Well  am writing this from Dalgety Bay - in the comfort of a bed at my mum and dad's after flying home from Vienna this evening - (via Brussels)!!! Why am I home? many people ask me. Well it is simply this -  I prefer to watch the final as a TV show rather than a live performance because you hear what the voters are hearing. I also HATE travelling home day and it makes it easier to know I have something to look forward to tomorrow and I will slouch in my comfies on my own with a couple of bottles of fizz and enjoy. When I wake up on Sunday with the inevitable hangover - i will be in my own bed without a day of travelling to dread !

But what did I get up to in the last few days I hear you cry. It was mainly attending parties and saying goodbye to friends in between blogging the run throughs of the second semi final.

Wednesday was the OGAE International party at the Fan Cafe and the place was bouncing. It was quite infuriating that it took up to 20mins to get a beer at the bar so we just bought 2 every time we went. It was amazing to catch up with some friends who had only just arrived and dance to Eurovision tunes until the small hours.

Thursday was Semi Final 2 day and a big day for all my Irish friends. Unfortunately Molly did not get Ireland through into the final and their was a bit of disappointment in the air - the Irish fans have a bigger vote to worry about and it took place tonight - The Marriage Equality Referendum vote took place on Friday 22nd May in Ireland. I have many close friends who flew home today from Eurovision to cast their vote and will be returning to Vienna tomorrow. It is an incredibly important vote to all of my gay friends and surely their can be only 1 outcome. I only wish I could be there to celebrate with them all on Saturday when the YES vote will surely be cast.




We had one final fling on Thursday night at the Euroclub - the only night of my whole trip that I made it there and it was brilliant. I think we left about 03:30 and only because I had to make sure Dr Eurovision got back in time to make his 07:00 flight to London - he has previous for missing flights and had many a radio interview to do early Friday morning.





And that's all folks!!!!!!!!! I hope you have enjoyed my blog again this year. As always it becomes a little patchy towards the end due to busy schedules, parties and hangovers but now it is time to sit back with some bubbles on Saturday night and find out where I will be going for my holidays next year!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment