Wednesday 13 May 2015

Eurovision 2015: Vienna Day 5

Eurovision 2015: Vienna Day 5


I have just finished day 5 in Vienna and lets be honest here - i'm a bit squiffy and it's about bloomin time huh??? Jings the days are sooooooo long but it is important to enjoy the nights too so I threw caution to the wind and let the hair down!!! (actually I never let it down I tried to curl it but it went frizzy in the humidity)


Some great rehearsals were done this morning including Ireland much to our relief. There were no bodhrans, no irish dancers and no leprechauns thank goodness just a 16 year old singer Molly and her amazing voice. We were very happy at Eurovision Ireland. We had a few issues because our Editor in Chief Garrett was taken ill for most of the day but we are glad to report that he seems to be better now and should be back on form soon.


Most of my comments about the other rehearsals can be seen at www.eurovisionireland.net so I will move on and tell you about the first big night out. Well Andrew and I went for dinner on route and what a lovely couple we made - turning heads everywhere we went (think my shirt was tucked in my pants) We took the U-Bahn and made it to Antonia's Passage (which was positively bulging) for 10:15. Having expected a jam session, it was strange to enter a very posh upmarket restaurant with a cabaret band rather than a house band but het they still let us in - bonus!!!!!



It started off a bit low key but soon Belarus took to the stage and performed their song. Georgia were up next and Nina nailed a couple of numbers, including a stripped back version of her Eurovison song 'Warrior'. Then it was time for Albania and Elahaida Dani performed a sublime version of Quédate Conmigo followed by her own entry I am Alive. The acts were great and then we were treated to a few Eurovison songs and some chart tunes and 80's throw back tunes to see us into the small hours. 


















We love a party that is in walking distance of home so tonight did not disappoint. 20 mins and we were home and it meant we also got to see the amazing window dressing that happens in Vienna. Who would not love this as an outfit???



I think think the morning might hurt a little bit but I intend to face it head on !!!!









No comments:

Post a Comment