Wednesday 13 May 2015

Eurovision 2015: Vienna Day 4

Eurovision 2015: Vienna Day 4



Day 4 of my trip to Vienna means day 2 of the rehearsals in the press centre. We began with the vivacious and completely bonkers Bojana from Serbia who looked like she was trussed up like my mum's Christmas Turkey - a cross between Verka and Hera Bjork!!!




The Eurovison Ireland Team decided to recreate some of the finishing shots from Serbia and Hungary and I think you will agree the results are remarkable. It is difficult to see that these are not the ACTUAL participants.










The stand out performances came from Russia and Georgia and the press centre went wild for both of them. The Russian song is a stunning ballad and is staged simply and beautifully. The Georgian song has a dark staging and Nina "the warrior" looks like a powerful Raven. I did my first interview with Nina and we discussed all the important aspects of her performance such as where I can get myself a pair of leather hot pants - I can so pull off that look. Nina is getting her designed to custom me a pair as I type.











I am definitely suffering from a severe lack of alcohol this year. The late starts in the press centre make for late finishes and I have been resigned to a few G+T's back at the apartment so last we decided to brave the U Bahn and head to the Eurovision Jam Session. It was great just to get out and have a boogie. Some of the delegations made an appearance and performed some numbers and then I got my first Eurovision disco of the year and I want cutting some shapes to Blue "I Can" and Waldo's People "Lose Control"
It was exactly what I needed to get the true Eurovision spirit running through me and of course a few beverages may have passed my lips.




Now for the first "not so fresh" morning of the season and this was the result. The glasses are definitely required today. A brisk walk up to the press centre was what I needed and I was able to see for the first time the GAY traffic lights that Vienna have installed for the occasion. Loving Green for Go!!!!!





Today is now Day 5 and it will be a busy day for Eurovison Ireland because Molly is Performing her song "Playing with Numbers" and will be the second rehearsal of the day. I am off to get my free coffee in and recharge my batteries - catch u later x


















Photo Source (c) EBU/Eurovision.TV

No comments:

Post a Comment