Monday 11 May 2015

EUROVISION 2015: VIENNA DAY 3

EUROVISION 2015: VIENNA DAY 3



As ever I start the blog with a "sun glasses on" photo but at least due to the late starts I have still managed to shower and wash my hair before the walk to the press centre.
It was extremely busy considering it was only day 1 of rehearsals but there was a great friendly atmosphere. There are no gimmicky songs this year so we all thought we may be unlikely to get any WTF? moments during the first rehearsals but we could not have been more wrong.

First up was Moldova - we never got a live link until their final run through and I can only describe there performance as the cast of Police Academy wearing lederhosen running around on a climbing frame. The plucky  little Belgians tickled us when the young 17 year old lad Loic missed his positioning in the first run through and had to run into place shouting sorry and then just when we thought we had had our entertainment for the morning The Netherlands had their first rehearsal.

Seriously!!!! I am usually un-shockable but Trijntje has what can only be described as a "fashion boob". I have never seen so many jaws dropped simultaneously. My best way to describe her look is "Stiffler's mum at a funeral" - I am tempted to take the scissors to my frock and try the look out myself though. I took a snapshot of everyone's instant reactions to The Netherlands Frock and this was the result -










We managed a few interviews today and my highlights were the pictures with Mr Belgium and Mr Macedonia. It is not every man that can pull off mint green but Daniel was ever sooooo sexy. We embraced with 3 kisses - i may not wash for a while!!!!! It is perfectly acceptable to flirt during interviews - just ask Garrett - he is the best at it - apparently I am just the tits and teeth of Eurovision Ireland.













We headed home after a long day in the press centre but stopped of for an alfresco dinner on the way home. It was gorgeous and I enjoyed my first Schnitzel of the trip. To Claire Miller's disgust it was not served with noodles!! (but it was served in a brown paper package tied up with string)






As we traipsed home I saw one of the little shops you always find at Eurovision which tickle you pink!! You have to love our local shop "Shoes and Sardines". I mean sometimes when you go to buy shoes you just HAVE to buy sardines!!!!!!



OK signing off now - We are entertaining the lovely Ludvig on the Electro Velvet Sofa and I have a gin and red berry calling my name! See ya for Day 4 xxx








No comments:

Post a Comment