Friday 3 May 2013

EUROVISION IS BACK - LET'S PACK!!!!!!!

It's that time again peeps - May is here and it is the month of Eurovision (I know most of my friends think every month is Eurovision month but this is the REAL month)
I was lying in bed at work last night beginning to panic as I think this is the most relaxed I have ever been about organisation for a contest. I only booked the flight last month, the Euro hubby booked the accommodation a few weeks ago and there I was in bed with 1 night to go with an empty case sitting in my living room whilst I was wiling away the hours at work.


I headed home this afternoon with great intentions of getting the job done straight away, yet I managed to get side tracked by a portion of chilli and potato wedges and an episode of Law and Order!!!! At 7 pm I pulled myself together and started the packing and thought I had done remarkably well as you can see here - got all the essentials. I must put in a vote of thanks to my friend Ben who has made it possible for me to be able to fit Farid Mammadov into my suitcase :-)

I then had a good old chinwag with my bestie who at 8 months pregnant, has been warned to hold on til I get home so I can meet the new arrival. I then realised that I still had the hair dye to do so at 9pm I jumped into the bath with a gin and tonic and some marshmallows for company - I restricted myself to 1 drink as the dye results could have been very messy otherwise. I packed up the house and with a glamorous "just stepped out of a salon" hair woosh - I headed down to the folks for a few more gins, a good night sleep and a run to the airport tomorrow - hooray for parents xxx

I head to Malmo tomorrow with big hopes (big money bets) on Georgia, Azerbaijan and Malta. Many have said it is a disappointing year but I am loving it as usual. I believe it is what you make of it and with a top 10 of 17 songs it is a sign of a goodie to me. I LOVE the UK entry this year and think or Bonnie will do a great job - I hope to be sinking a few pints with her down the Euroclub as she comes across as that kind of lass to me - I will force myself to partake in such shenanigans just to be polite of course.

The tottie vote this year goes to Georgia, Azerbaijan and Greece with a few backing singers thrown in for good measure. I doubt that the "action" will be as good for me as Baku but believe me if it is I will be shouting it from the "rafters" and you will read all about it here first - at which point Mum and Dad should stop reading.

I hope you will all enjoy following my blog and find it informative and enlightening - ok full of rubbish but a damn good entertaining read will suffice - next stop Malmo - woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment