Sunday 5 May 2013

Day 1

Well it was an early start to get up and out to the airport. My lovely Dad made me tea and toast and took me our to the airport and dropped me off (after my mum checked a zillion times that i had packed everything!!!!)
The airport was really really quiet and there was no queue at check in or going through security - hurrah!!
I decided to go to my usual haunt - Weatherspoons and tucked into The Breakfast of Champions - Bacon Roll and a double Gin and Tonic - it may have been 9.30am but hey in an airport time zones don't count.
When i headed to the gate i overheard the attendant saying that there were only 25 people on the plane. I was worried it might be ones of those small ones with propellers that look like they get wound up but it was worse that that - a tine 49 seater plane - it had its own built in steps it was that small. I've been in bigger cars!!! I got a single seat - yes a single seat on a plane. Boarding was really quick and then we were off. Complimentary food and drink was a lovely bonus and as you can imagine, more gin was quaffed during the flight.



















I made my way into Malmo from the airport which was incredibly easy and only took 30 mins and by chance our hotel is spitting distance from the main train station so i walked to the hotel then headed out and met up with a few others who were partaking in a Starbucks just over the road. I headed back to the hotel to "unpack" and wait on Paul. I say unpack but in the tiniest hotel room ever there is actually no space to put anything. I arranged the gin shelf to my liking and and had a few drinkies whilst i pondered our spacial issues. There could be some amusing moments if either of us needs the bathroom in the middle of the night as the only way out from the window side is mounting and rolling over lol. Even worse was to be discovered after Paul arrived. He added to the gin shelf and then wanted a shower before heading out - this is where we discovered the see through shower door - lets just say it does not leave much to the imagination and we could probably enter Britain's Got Talent as another shadow dance routine ha ha


We went out to to meet some friends in Bee Bar and danced away to some Eurovision ditties. It would be fair to say we were pretty well oiled by this point and I managed to fall over on the way home and am now sporting some gorgeous grazed knees. This morning was horrendous - 2 massive hangovers so we went for breakfast in out jammies and received a round of applause from the other diners. It was then back to bed for some much needed extra sleep and we eventually surfaced at 2pm and headed out to The Malmo arena to collect out accreditations. We bumped into lots of familiar faces which was nice and then headed to McDonalds for the ultimate hangover cure.
Now we are back in the hotel chilling and are about to head off for a run - i think this one might hurt a bit buy hey - you don't get a goddess figure like mine without a bit of pain. There will be more arrivals tonight and we are back off to Bee Bar so watch this space and i will update you tomorrow with the latest shenanigans. I have to stop now as the sight of Dr Eurovision through the shower room door is really putting me off my stride!!!!

PS- if you look really closely you can see me reflected in the bottle of prosecco :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment